The New York Chapter of ASIS International is among the largest in all of ASIS, with a current membership of over 1500 and a mailing list exceeding 15,000. Our membership represents the entire spectrum of security professionals with several hundred security contractors and practitioners from the New York City metropolitan area. It is a forum that brings together security professionals to further their common goals and to share experiences and best practices. Corporate security professionals, including many Fortune 500 companies and the providers of security services, as well as Federal, State and local law enforcement, are involved in the Chapter.
The Chapter organizes and provides a number of services and events, which include:
- Monthly luncheon meetings at which a variety of speakers are invited covering a wide range of security-related topics.
- Networking opportunities where security professionals in both private and public sectors can connect, share information and develop business relationships. This includes the recently added interest groups, Young Professionals and Women in Security.
- A major annual trade show, the NYC Security Conference and Expo, in partnership with ASIS International and held in the spring where local providers can display their new products and services.
- An annual golf outing at a local country club and special holiday gathering at year’s end.
- Seminars to educate and train members in matters appropriate to today’s security needs, including a CPP Study Group and periodic transition training programs
- Publication of Security Director Magazine in conjunction with our Security Expo that provides articles of common interest and is also a forum in which local companies can advertise their products and services.
- Annual college scholarships are awarded to the children or grandchildren of qualified members; scholarship programs for security practitioners to assist at the undergraduate and graduate level; and a Security Officer of the Year Award each December to recognize the outstanding performance and professionalism of our valued security officer community.
ASIS International, with more than 38,000 members, is the largest international organization for professionals responsible for security, including managers and directors of security. In addition, corporate executives and other management personnel, as well as consultants, architects, attorneys and federal, state and local law enforcement, are becoming involved with ASIS International to understand the constant changes in security issues and solutions.
ASIS International is dedicated to increasing the effectiveness and productivity of security practices by developing educational programs and materials that address broad security concerns.
By providing members and the business community with access to a full range of programs and materials, ASIS International leads the way for advanced and improved security performance.